STAFF MEMBER INFO
Thanks for your interest in becoming an El Paso Comic Con 2017 staff member!
Have questions about being staff at El Paso Comic Con? Here’s a guide:
All El Paso Comic Con staff members must meet these requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be available for an interview and orientation session if considered and selected.
- You must be available to work one shift each day of the show.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from the show.
DUTIES OF STAFF
El Paso Comic Con expects the following out of all of its staff:
- You are an ambassador of El Paso Comic Con and you are expected to act appropriately. You will treat El Paso Comic Con’s attendees, guests, and exhibitors with courtesy and respect.
- You are expected to perform your assigned duties to the best of your ability. If you are unable to perform your duties a supervisor may assign you to a different task that you’re better suited to.
- You are not permitted to perform any actions that would negatively affect the operations and/or public image of El Paso Comic Con. This includes making statements to the public and/or press.
- You are expected to maintain confidentiality with any proprietary information that is shared with you by El Paso Comic Com.
- You understand that placement in a specific department or event at El Paso Comic Con is not guaranteed and positions are filled based on demand.
Staff shifts are generally 6 hours in length. Staff may participate in any El Paso Comic Con activity before and after their assigned shift, but not during. We are looking for the following positions.
Check in Must be good with money and able to deal with stress. Vendors, Guest VIP will check in with you. Basic PC and Ipad knowledge a must.
Star Lounge Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Green Room Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Exhibit Room Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Back Entry Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Alamo Drafthouse Room Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
El Paso Room Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Juarez Room Check ID bracelets and badges for entry.
Lost and Found Cashier / Must be good with money. Ipad and Square knowledge a plus.
Celebrity Host Cashier / Must be good with money. Ipad and Square knowledge a plus.
Roamers Must be able to help out where needed. General duties as required.
Exterior Distribute flyers around Downtown area.
STAFF DRESS CODE
Staff are all required to adhere to the following dress code:
- You may dress casually, but you must wear your El Paso Comic Con Staff badge and vest at all times during your shift. No ripped jeans, short shorts, short skirts, offensive t-shirts, or revealing articles of clothing may be worn.
- Proper personal hygiene is required. Please be courteous to your co-workers and El Paso Comic Con’s attendees by not using excessive amounts of perfume or cologne.
- You may NOT wear a costume during your shift.
IMPORTANT ADVISORY TO ALL PROSPECTIVE EPCON STAFF
El Paso Comic Con reserves the right to terminate any staff that fails to adhere to the guidelines listed above, or fails to satisfactorily complete his/her assigned duties.
THE STAFF APPLICATION IS CLOSED