HOST A PANEL
Got a Panel Idea?
Hosting a panel at EPCON is a fun way to get involved with the convention, present on nifty pop culture topics, and make new friends!
EPCON will provide each approved panelist with a Weekend Pass. Each panel may have up to 4 people present (this includes the individual submitting the application).
The deadline for submissions is February 1, 2024 by 11:59 PM. Any submissions after this time will be automatically wait listed.
- PLEASE check your SPAM/JUNK Folder for any communication from the Content Team regarding Panel applications.
- Panel applications are not first-come, first-served. Take the time to submit your Panel Application. Make sure your Panel is unique and well thought out! Please keep in mind we highly value diversity of panelist and viewpoints.
- Email is the primary communication method between Panelist and El Paso Comic Con.
- Submitting a Panel does not guarantee acceptance.
- Each Panel is (45) minutes in duration.
- Panels typically contain maximum (4) people. El Paso Comic Con does not supply Moderators.
- Approved Panels receive up to (4) four Weekend Passes.
- El Paso Comic Con does not pay for Panelist lodging, transportation, meals, etc.
- El Paso Comic Con will schedule your Panel based on availability and needs of the show. Panelists do not get to choose what day or time they present. Time and date preferences will be taken into account, but scheduling will be at El Paso Comic Con’s sole discretion. Please be advised that panel schedules may change. Panelists will be notified of required schedule changes.
- By submitting a Panel Application, the applicant agrees to these terms.
PANEL APPLICATION | EL PASO COMIC CON
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the panelist requirements?
Panelists must be 18 years or older to submit. Panelists are required to bring their own device(s) for their presentation/demo/discussion. (Visuals are required for all topics and must be cleared by the Program Manager.) Panels are expected to be 45 minutes long.
What is a panel?
Panels are often presentations, discussions, Q&A sessions, or demonstrations on topics related to anime, comics, or pop culture. In the past, we’ve had panels with discussions, game shows, crafts, dancing, storytelling, and much more. If you have an idea you’re passionate about, we encourage you to apply!
Where do I check in for panels if I am selected?
Panelist check in will take place in the Mount Franklin lobby at the main check in table. Panelists are expected to check in daily before their panel.
Where are panels located?
Panels will be run in either the El Paso Room or Juarez Room. These rooms are located on each side of the Mount Franklin lobby (main entrance). Please check the schedule to see which panel room and time slot you have been assigned. If you have questions, please see the staff at the check in table.
What are the expectations of panelists?
Panelists are expected to be professional and responsible for their own content. 18+ content is NOT permitted in any panel as EPCON is an all-ages event. Panelists must check in at the check in table in the Mount Franklin lobby (main entrance) every day they present a panel. All content should be pop culture themed. Panelists will need to be on time and ready to preent their panel room. The panelist must ensure their panel does not run over the alotted time.