Thanks for your interest in becoming an Event staff member! Please read through the information on this page and complete the application form located at the end.
Have questions about being staff at the Event? Here’s a guide:
All Event staff members must meet these requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be available for an interview and orientation session if considered and selected.
- You must be available to work one day of the show.
- You must provide your own transportation to and from the show.
DUTIES OF STAFF
The Event expects the following out of all of its staff:
- You are an ambassador of the Event and you are expected to act appropriately
- You will treat the Event’s attendees, guests, and exhibitors with courtesy and respect
- You are expected to perform your assigned duties to the best of your ability
- If you are unable to perform your duties a supervisor may assign you to a different task that you’re better suited for
- You are not permitted to perform any actions that would negatively affect the operations and/or public image of the Event to include but not limited to making statements to the public and/or press
- You are expected to maintain confidentiality with any proprietary information that is shared with you by the Event
- You understand that placement in a specific department or event at the Event is not guaranteed and positions are filled based on demand
Staff are generally required for the full day. We are looking for the following positions.
- Customer Service – Customer Service Representatives will be stationed in the Mount Franklin Lobby (main hall). Customer Service is responsible for giving out wristbands, handing out VIP and Weekend bags, ensuring attendees have the right badges, and dealing with vendors needs. Customer Service Representatives must be quick thinkers and have a smile on their face all day. If you are good under pressure, this job is for you.
- Guest Liaison – Guest Liaisons are assigned to a featured guest. Guest Liaisons are responsible for collecting and accounting for autograph/miscellaneous funds earned by the featured guest at their booth. Guest Liaisons are the buffer between the fan and the guest. If the guest needs to leave the booth for a panel, bathroom break, or to eat you will stay at the booth to ensure the merchandise is not stolen.
Event staff will be paid on Sunday after event close. All items donated by guests for the staff will be given out at that time. If you cannot make it don’t worry just let us know. We are local and you can ensure you get your pay on a later date.
STAFF DRESS CODE
Event staff are all required to adhere to the following dress code:
- You may dress casually, but you must wear your Event staff badge and vest at all times during your shift
- No ripped jeans, short shorts, short skirts, offensive t-shirts, or revealing articles of clothing may be worn
- Proper personal hygiene is required
- Please be courteous to your co-workers and the Event’s attendees by not using excessive amounts of perfume or cologne
- You may NOT wear a costume during your shift
IMPORTANT ADVISORY TO ALL PROSPECTIVE EVENT STAFF
The Event reserves the right to terminate any staff that fails to adhere to the guidelines listed above or fails to satisfactorily complete his/her assigned duties.
A call for Event staff members will go out on our social media in the months leading up to the event. If you are interested in being an Event staff member, follow the directions posted on our social media.